Land titles for 100,000 families in Selangor
|Written by Bernama|
|Wednesday, 07 April 2010 22:24|
KUALA KUBU BARU: Some 100,000 families in Selangor who have been occupying the state land for more than 15 years will soon receive their land titles, Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim.
He said the decision was made at the state executive council meeting on April 7 and the move would benefit squatter families and farmers occupying Temporary Occupation Licence (TOL) lands in Selangor.
“Those eligible for this exercise should have occupied their current land for the last 15 years.
The move will help squatters to get their land and at the same time allow the state to legalise land ownership,” he told reporters after chairing the weekly meeting at the Hulu Selangor district office near here.
Khalid said the new land titles would be in the form of leasehold grants and it was up to the new landowners whether to take up the 99-year or 60-year lease when they apply for the documentation of the lands.
He also said that the state government would resolve the reserve land issues involving temples, schools and roads soon.
On another note, Khalid said the state government had concluded its audit report on operations of the Selangor Poverty Eradication Foundation (YBK) including the amount of funds and assets contributed by the state government to implement poverty eradication programmes.
“We will reveal those details in the white paper at Selangor’s state assembly sitting on April 12,” he added.
Meanwhile, state executive councillor in charge of tourism, consumer affairs and environment Elizabeth Wong said the long-standing land grouses involving 40 Orang Asli families in Kampung Gerachi near here had been resolved.
She said the Orang Asli community would receive their land titles and compensation as per the agreement undertaken in 2000. — Bernama